A person was just in my office who can not work for me because of a mistake he made some time in his past where he was issued a misdemeanor.� He looks like a good person, and I can tell he’s trying to right his wrongs, but no matter how much he wants to, I can’t change the past.
“I can’t believe it.” he said, “It was just one, stupid mistake, and now I can’t get a job anywhere.”
Unfortunately, he’s right.
Today, corporations are tighter than ever when it comes to background checks, screening and selection.� Internet-enabled technologies allow me to know more about you 5 minutes after you walk in my door than some of your best friends.� Some companies even make hiring decisions�based on your credit score.
I know I might sound like your father saying this, but don’t let a so-called “stupid mistake” derail your entire career… possibly for good!
No comments:
Post a Comment